Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Recipe Fail: Roasted Chickpeas!!! (Argh!)


First off...Does swimming make anybody else starvin' like a crazy person???
Yeesh!
What is it with swimming?
Also, swimming usually makes me want Cheetos and Hot Dogs. Yeah, real nutritious. What can I say? It's a childhood thing.

Anyway...to the foodie fail. (Oh, the horror!)




The pictures say it all. 
1) They are burnt
2) I didn't follow the directions exactly (go figure - but it was an accident!)
3) I will probably not attempt these for a while. :)

I tried to make THIS RECIPE from FitSugar for Roasted Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas
How could I go wrong? 
I love Honey. I love Cinnamon. I love Chickpeas. 
It's a win-win, right?
Wrong!

I dunno. I think I just had some bad luck with this recipe the first go around. 
I've you have great success with Roasted Chickpeas, help a girl out!
What can I say, you can't win 'em all. (Whomp. Whomp.)

On the other hand, the same day I had two recipe success - Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins and a Southwestern Quinoa Recipe (to come later!). 



2 comments:

  1. Hey! I totally attempted to make some this past weekend too! Haha I swear we can read each others minds. I was making a salad and had some left over and decided I would try to roast them. I was already making something in the oven so I topped mine with garlic, salt and pepper and put them in the oven at 450 for 15ish mins. That temp was a little high so I didn't cook them long and they were about to burn after 15 mins. Maybe next time don't cook them long? I have never had them so I don't know how they are supposed to turn out but mine weren't too crunchy so maybe I need to go a little longer next time haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird! We really DO think alike!! :) I will definitely take your advice and watch the oven temp the next time. I need some of your pointers for the seasoning...mine were a bit bland for my taste! Miss ya girlie!

    ReplyDelete